Town Property / Facilities Use
In an effort to make the best use of available space for public meetings and to avoid scheduling conflicts, the following procedures will be implemented for requests to use town property:
- Town boards, committees and all other organizations must contact the Town Clerk for a Property Use Application (PDF) at least two weeks prior to the event.
- The completed application must then be delivered to the Town Administrator who shall forward the application to the Police Chief for approval and/or conditions when any of the following apply:
- The event will utilize town roads
- The event will use one or more of the following building; Municipal Center, Fire Station, Senior Center or Library
- The Town Administrator shall forward the application to the Buildings and Facilities Maintenance Manager for approval and/or conditions when the event will utilize any town building.
- The Town Administrator shall forward the application to the Senior Center Director for approval and/or conditions when the event will utilize the Senior Center.
- The Town Administrator shall forward the application to the Recreation Commission for approval and/or conditions when the event will utilize any facility under the jurisdiction of the Recreation Commission.
- If police details are required, the cost of such shall be borne by the organization holding the function on a prepayment basis.
- The application, once reviewed and approved by the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Buildings and Facilities Maintenance Manager, Library Director, Senior Center Director and Recreation Commission ( as necessary), shall be reviewed for approval and signed by the Town Administrator. All applicants shall be notified upon final approval.
Permission to use school buildings or property must be arranged through the school department.
Since the Town has limited facilities, first preference for use of space will be given to municipal boards with regularly scheduled meetings and other bona fide municipal functions.
Property Use Guidelines
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on town property.
- All organizations must clean-up immediately after the event and arrange for the trash to be removed themselves.
- Events which include children should be carefully supervised and the group must confine themselves to the particular area assigned.
- Town buildings are not left open and arrangements must be made to unlock and lock buildings when needed.
Town ClerkPhysical Address
29 Depot Street
Douglas, MA 01516
29 Depot Street Douglas MA 01516
Phone: 508-476-4000, ext. 255Fax: 508-476-4012
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
1:30 - 4 p.m.
8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
1:30 - 6 p.m.
The Municipal Center is closed from 1 - 1:30 p.m. for lunch
TTY Phone: 508-476-1619