Business Certificate (DBA)


Any person, whether individually or as a partnership, conducting business under any title other than the complete name of the owner(s) or your business is incorporated must file a Business Certificate. In addition, any corporation doing business in a name other than its corporate name must also file a Business Certificate Application. The certificate must be completed and filed by a corporate officer.

Worker's Compensation

If you have people working for you, you must have proof of worker's compensation coverage. No business or organization may be issued a license and/or permit, as required by local authority, without providing proof of workers’ compensation coverage (Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 152,  Section 25A.)

Therefore, you are required to provide the Town Clerk with a Certificate of Insurance showing that you carry Workers’ Compensation Insurance. You will not be issued your license or permit until the Town Clerk has received this information. Proof of coverage should be verified by contacting your insurance carrier directly or by calling the Department of Industrial Accidents (DIA), Office of Insurance at 800-323-3249.

If you feel that you are not required to carry workers’ compensation, you must sign a sworn affidavit that no such coverage is required.  A signed copy of the Worker's Compensation Insurance Affidavit must be sent to the Town Clerk’s Office.