Cannabis Retail Sales
A Cannabis Retailer provides a retail location which may be accessed by consumers 21 years of age or older, or if the retailer is co-located with a Registered Marijuana Dispensary by individuals who are registered qualifying patients with the Medical Use of Marijuana Program with a registration card.
Municipal Notification from the Cannabis Control Commission
Notice: Once the Commission determines an application is complete, it is required to notify a municipality that is has received a completed application for a marijuana establishment in the municipality.
Sixty Day Deadline: The municipality has sixty (60) days from receipt of the application to notify the Commission that the applicant is not in compliance with local ordinances or bylaws. If communication from the municipality is not received within 60 days, the applicant will be deemed to be compliant with all applicable local ordinances and bylaws.
Apply for a Cannabis Retail Sales License
To apply for a Cannabis Retail Sales License, you will need the following forms completed. Download the documents and save to your computer. Open the file on your computer and type in the information required. Print, sign, and return the documents to the Board of Selectmen’s office. There is a $1,000 fee to apply for a Cannabis Retail Sales License.
• New Application Checklist – Cannabis Retail Sales License
• License Application for Cannabis Retail Sales
• State Workers Compensation Affidavit
• Emergency Contact Information Form
The Board of Selectmen meet the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. All applications must be reviewed by other Boards, Committees, and Departments. The review process will take about two weeks. Once reviewed; the application will be placed on the Board of Selectmen’s next agenda.
Forms below are pdf fill-able forms. Download the form to your computer, open them in Adobe Reader, type the information in and then print the document.
Forms & Additional Information.
- Cannabis Retail Sales License Checklist - New License (pdf fill-able)
- Douglas Cannabis Retail Sales Application (pdf fill-able)
- MA State WC Affidavit (pdf fill-able)
- Douglas Emergency Contact Information Form (pdf fill-able)
- Douglas General Bylaw for Marijuana Licensing (pdf)
- Certified Vote - Local Tax Option on Marijuana Sales 12_13_18 (pdf)